Berean Christian High School Bulletin
Week of February 20 – February 23, 2018
“Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.”
1 Peter 3:8
Click here to watch Berean Daily video announcements.
Click here for Berean Christian’s athletic schedule.
Student of the Month
For the “love-themed” month of February ♥, our Student of the Month is a wonderful representation of sharing God’s love! We are thrilled to announce Sahij Sandhu as our BCHS February Student of the Month. Sahij is known on Berean's campus for his respectful attitude and friendly kindness to all. He has a heart for serving our student body as well as our local community. For the past two years, Sahij has served in Student Government on the Community Service Committee.
Recently, Sahij organized a free youth basketball camp, which was taught by volunteer coaches, for kids from the local community. 1st-8th graders attended a fun filled day camp and enjoyed free pizza lunch and goody bags. Sahji came up with the idea of the basketball camp because he had a heart to serve our local youth and offer families the opportunity to have their children attend a sports camp free of charge. Berean Christian is proud of Sahij and his heart for service!
Monday, 2/12 – Thursday, 2/15
Weekly Bell Schedule
Monday = NO SCHOOL, Presidents’ Day
Tuesday = White Bell, dismissal 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday = Blue BLOCK, dismissal 2:25 p.m.
Thursday = Gold BLOCK, dismissal 3:00 p.m.
Friday = Red Bell, dismissal 2:25 p.m.
Happening This Week…
Monday, February 19
NO SCHOOL, Presidents’ Day
Tuesday, February 20
Wednesday, February 21
Thursday, February 22
Friday, February 23
Student Government Field Trip: Student Government Leadership Day @ Concord High, 7:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 24
Freshman & Sophomore class socials at Six Flags, Vallejo
@ 10:45 AM – 3:00 PM
Important details: Students are asked to make their own arrangements for transportation to and from this event. Please arrive at the Six Flags entrance promptly at
10:45 a.m. as BCHS teachers will only be passing out tickets until 11:00 a.m. BCHS supervision is provided from 10:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Six Flags is open until 6:00 p.m. Any students remaining at Six Flags beyond 3:00 p.m. will no longer be under the umbrella of BCHS supervision.
One Acts Drama presentations!
Friday, March 2 & Saturday, March 3, 2018
Show begins promptly in the Student Center @ 7:00 PM
$ 5.00 Student, Faculty & Child (under 12)
Important News from College & Career
- Looking for a part time job? Check out the job board outside the CCC and then talk to Miss Grieb. There are several jobs starting now as well as summer jobs. Summer jobs are already hiring, so don’t wait until it’s too late and miss out.
- Not sure how to spend your summer? Stop by the CCC to apply for Girls State, Boys State, Camp Royal, or Camp Venture. Looking for a great volunteer opportunity? Stop by the CCC and apply to work at Royal Family Kids Camp. There are children in foster care who would love to spend a week with you at camp!
- Don’t forget to finish getting your supervisors’ signatures on your volunteer form. All Presidential Service Award forms MUST be turned in to Miss Grieb in the CCC by Wednesday, February 28th.
- Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior parents, please mark your calendars… College Night is on Thursday, March 8th at 7pm in the Student Center. We will be discussing graduation requirements, college options, and the college admissions process.
- Juniors, sign up for the SAT and ACT as soon as possible! If you are looking for a prep class, consider our Test Prep Workshop. It is a two-day event on Saturday, March 17th from 9-3 and Saturday, March 24th from 9-3 and will be taught by our very own Mrs. Merlino. The cost is $225 and includes materials. See Miss Grieb in the CCC to register.